Operation Christmas Child

My name is Autumn and I’m 8 years old. I have participated in Operation Christmas Child for the past two years, this is a program designed to give kids a shoe box filled with gifts for Christmas. These kids are in third world countries and most all of them have never experienced Christmas before. I just love to see the smiles on the kids’ faces that receive them. Please join me in reaching my goal of filling 100 shoe boxes for these kids. I will be collecting money and donations of items for a whole year. All this needs to be done by November 2012. Please help me in making Christmas happen for kids just like me on the other side of the world. Below you will find gift ideas and to the right is a link to donate money.

GIFT IDEAS: The age group are kids from about 7-10, but even kids from 5-13 would really benefit from all the items.

Bar soap, hair brush, hair ties, washcloths, small mirror.
Stuffed animals, stickers, cars, harmonicas, flutes, yo-yos, jacks, crayons, paper, markers, paints, pencil sharpeners, hard candies, socks, hats, gloves, flash lights, gum, and almost anything else you can fit into a small shoe box. NO LIQUIDS!
Contact my mom Sheri for more info as well. autumnsboxes@gmail.com

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Update from Autumn;

"Thank you everyone for helping me to fill my 205 BOXES for OCC, I could not have done this without you."


As Autumn said she has filled 205 BOXES. Praise GOD, and all of this could not have been done without all the help from friends, family and complete strangers that all pitched in to help give Christmas gifts to 205 kids around the world. This is what YOU ALL have done! Each box contains: Plastic box (so the kids can fill it with water), combs, tooth brushes, tooth paste, stuffed animals, pencils, pens, rulers, paper, crayons, markers, toys, and more. This has been an amazing adventure and please know that you have not only had a direct hand in bringing smiles to 205 kids but you are bringing the word of God to these kids' entire families and villages. YOU ROCK!

A few extra late thank you's for donations are to Melody from Medford, Claudia from New Jersey, and a friend of my dads in Colorado. If we missed anyone we are sorry. But THANK YOU TO ALL...... we will turn in all the boxes November 19th and will have one final news crew interview......




1 comment: